U10 GENERAL INFORMATION
Players Born Between 2012 – 2013: 8 – 9 year old as of Dec. 31 of the current year.
**For exemptions check Rules and Regulations**
Weight Restrictions: No weight restrictions
Program Duration: Mid-August till first week of October
Travel: May travel to Assiniboia, Estevan, Moosomin, Swift Current, Weyburn
Equipment Pick Up: August 20th @ Elks Field from 6:00-8:00pm
Equipment Provided: Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Pants / Pads, Mouth Guard, Jersey’s
Practices Begin: August 24th
Practice Location: Elks Field, 1600 Caribou St W
Two Practice Days & Times: Are determined by the teams Head Coach
Season Begins: September 5th – Moose Jaw Jamboree
Games: Jamborees are on Sundays in different centers
MJ Game Location: Elks Field, 1600 Caribou St W
Equipment Return: Week following final game played at Elks Field
KMJMF U10 Division Rules & Regulations
KMJMF abides by rules that are made to keep the game fun, safe and accessible for all players aged eight and nine years old. The focus is on teaching safe techniques and player development on both sides of the ball while using a 6-man a side format. Coaches are allowed on the field to coach, no refs and no scores are kept.
- U10 GENERAL INFORMATION:
- OFFICAL GAME BALL SIZE: K2
- PROGRAM BEGINS: August 20th and could run till first week of October
- TRAVEL: Teams possibly travel to Estevan, Moosomin or Weyburn
- EQUIPMENT PICK UP: Aug 20th at Elks Field 6:30 – 8 pm.
- PRACTICES BEGIN: August 24th
– Practice days and times determined by coaches
– Teams can practice 2 times a week
- JAMBOREE OPENING WEEKEND: Sept.5th
– Teams will play in up to four league Jamborees
– Jamborees will be hosted on Sundays in city centers
- AGE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Players born between 2012 – 2013, 8 – 9 year olds as of Dec. 31 of the current year. Exceptions to this rule will be dealt with on a case by case basis and voted on by the KMJMF board. Possible examples include a 9yr old player who wants to play U12 instead of U10. Players born in 2014 are ineligible to play tackle football as per Football Canada and are not permitted to play up in U10
- PLAYER DEVELOPMENT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL
- To ensure players are developing and learning both offensive and defensive skills and positions, we encourage coaches to have players play multiple positions during jamborees
- With the two practices a week we ask that coaches have players work on offense and defense as evenly as possible to develop skills on both sides of the ball
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND FAIR PLAY RULES:
- Player participation shall be 6 players on and 6 players off when rosters permit.
- No two way players allowed when rosters permit.
- Players must play on both offense and defense during Jamborees
- All centers are required to email a roster sheet to KMJMF.
- Roster must be emailed in at least 2 days prior to first jamboree.
- League Rosters must be submitted on the form provided to you by KMJMF. It must include player names and birthdate along with all coaching staff, trainers, etc.
- League rosters will be provided to each team by KMJMF
- All rosters will be available on the KMJMF website.
- No roster limits, centers are encouraged to break the teams up into groups of 12 -13 players for Jamborees whenever possible.
- GAME DAY CONDUCT:
- Jamboree center supplies all volunteers needed for games
- Jamboree center supplies Game Balls – K2 is the official ball in U10
- Teams are to be called out to line up before the Jamboree starts for the singing of the National Anthem.
- Football Field is broken into four fields for Jamborees (Picture under field tab)
- No score kept during games
- No referees are on the field
- Coaches are allowed on the field behind their teams to coach and call plays
- Coaches mark and spot the ball on field during games
- Coaches decide pre-game: One team starts on offense in the first half, then defense in the second half
- Teams have ZERO timeouts
- Game lengths: All KMJMF U10 games are two 15 minute halves of straight time
- Half time length: 5 minutes
- Break between games: 45 minutes to an hour to allow players time to eat
- SUGGESTED JAMBOREE FIELD BREAKDOWN: Picture under field tab
U10 Field Dimensions:
- Each Half: 20 Yards
- End Zones: 10 Yards
- Field Width: Sideline to Hash Marks
- CLOCK OPERATION:
- All KMJMF U10 games consist of two 15 minute halves.
- All KMJMF U10 games start at the same time and run straight time
- LEAGUE OFFICIAL SIGNALS TIME TO START:
– Start Clock: Score board buzzer / Whistle
– Stop Clock: Score board buzzer / Whistle
- STRAIGHT TIME: The clock will stop only in this situation
– Injuries: Clock starts again once player has been cared for and safely removed from field.
- 3 MINUTE WARNING: Announcement to all teams, no stoppage
- HALF TIME: Half time is 5 minutes in length
- GAME RULES:
- Offensive Team starts on their own 5 yard line
- Offense must have 3 Offensive Linemen on the Line of Scrimmage at snap
- The Offense gets 3 Downs to get a first down, which is the half field line (15 yds)
- If the Offense gets a first down, then they have 3 downs to score a touchdown (15yds)
- If the Offense scores a Touchdown they get to go for an extra point play
Offensive Choice: Pass Play- Ball is placed at the 5 yard line in the center
Run Play – Ball is placed at the 10 yard line in the center
- If the Offense does not make a first down or get a touchdown, ball is turned over
and the Defensive Team starts on Offense on their own 5 yard line
- If the Defensive team creates a turnover on a recovered fumble or an interception. Their Offense would start at the spot of the turnover.
- Coaches mark and spot the football and ref the games
- OFFENSIVE SNAPPING OF THE FOOTBALL:
- Jamboree #1 in Moose Jaw – Teams are permitted to have the QB start with the ball behind his center and simulate the snap to allow teams to get offensive snaps off easier for their first football games of the season.
- Jamboree #2 – With many practices to work on this skill teams will now be asked to have the centers snap the ball between their legs to begin plays.
- LEAGUE DISCIPLINARY BOARD:
- KMJMF will have a Disciplinary Board that will have final say on league discipline for any game incidents, and player / coach ejections that require further review during the season.
- The Disciplinary Board will consist of one member from each center that competes in the KMJMF league. That centers member cannot be a coach or a league board member. A preferred member would be a referee from each center.
- The Disciplinary Board will review all available evidence and may ask the coaches and players involved for statements regarding the incident in question.
- The final say on disciplinary action will come from KMJMF’s Officiating Consultant after reviewing the evidence and discussing the course of action with the Disciplinary Board
- There will be no appeals allowed following the Disciplinary Boards final decision.
- KMJMF – GAME & PRACTICE FIELDS:
- No Smoking anywhere on the greenspace in & around any of the Game or Practice Fields
- No pets allowed at Elks or McDonald Fields
- Please take pride in our in our fields and not leave garbage laying around.
- Abusive language towards anyone will not be tolerated. Person’s may be asked to leave the field & further discipline action can occur
- Parking at Elks Field
– Parking lots located on the East & SW corner of the field
– Parking on the North Side Caribou ST W
– NO PARKING permitted on the South Side of Caribou between Thatcher Drive & the east end of the Co-op Parking lot (close to 16th Ave NW). Vehicles can be towed. Vehicles may park in the Co-op Parking lot after business hours but only in front of main store & may not park anywhere by the cardlock & pumping stations.
- VIOLATION OF LEAGUE RULES:
- Any team found to be in violation of purposely breaking any of the KMJMF rules and
regulations could result in the suspension of the team’s head coach, as well as any players
involved in the incident.
- A review by the KMJMF Board will be done on a case by case manner to decide the severity of the punishment or suspension that will include a discussion with all parties involved, as well as reviewing any evidence provided.
- The final say on punishment following the review will come from the KMJMF President. No appeals are allowed.
Sunday September 5th @ 11:00am – Moose Jaw
Sunday September 12th @ 1:00pm – Weyburn
Sunday September 19th @ 1:00pm – Estevan
Sunday September 26th @ 1:00pm – Moose Jaw